Reply by Anthony Sylvan

I’m very sorry to hear this and would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you to better understand your concerns and to try to find a positive resolution. To get started, please send us an email at, with the address on your account and the best phone number to reach you at.


Customer Care

Thank you for taking a minute to read this. My name is Patrick Vaughn.

My family recently purchased a pool from Anthony Sylvan.

We live in Northern Virginia. The local office here is in Ashburn Va. I want to pass along some updates on how our experience has been up to this point.

My wife and I met with Mr. Mustacchio in the middle part of August of this year 2019.

Mr. Mustacchio is a consummate professional. He was very informative and clearly is a subject matter expert when it comes to the pool business. Mr.

Mustacchio was honest and direct with all of our questions and concerns. After some consideration we decided to enter into a contract and begin what has become a blind adventure with little to no coordination or communication.

After signing the contract we were introduced to Mr. Brian Nobling. Together Mr.

Mustacchio and Mr. Nobling agreed that the pool could be done in 6 weeks. However with the weather being an unknown they both agreed 8 weeks was more realistic. This was on August 16th.

During this meeting we learned about the construction scheduler Mr. Woody. It was my understanding that he would work with Mr. Nobling and schedule work and communicate that information back to us.

Unfortunately that is not how it works. After a week of hearing nothing I reached out to see where we were as far as excavation. Long story short the pool was not dug until September 5th. (3weeks later).

At the time we signed there were crews "Standing bye". Also we were in a drought so there was no rain to hold us up either . After hearing nothing further I again reached out for info. After no reply from anyone I went to M.

Mustacchio and he was able to somehow get the wire installed a week later. Things looked good as the plumber showed up out of the blue 2 days later. That's where it seemed to stop.

I waited a week after the 5th of September to reach out again after hearing nothing. I was able to complain enough to finally get the gunite shot the following week.

(2weeks later no rain). After another week of no communication I sent an admittedly snide e-mail wondering why no one would talk to me about status, schedule or things like that. Keep in mind I have to schedule my fence and work a landscaper in. unfortunately the landscaper is now put off until the spring.

On October 7th the Electrician came.

He did not finish. I am still concerned about getting that part complete. I looked them up on line and it appears they are closed? The PM has assured me that they will complete the work.

So now we are at October 30th and I am still waiting on concrete. I don't even try to talk to the PM anymore. I was told concrete would be either Monday, 28th; Tuesday, 29th; or today the 30th. I have now been told, because it rained last Sunday they can't come until Saturday 11/2.

I still have to put my fence up before plaster.

The first freeze is in this week's forecast. I have some concerns about a drain pipe that has been installed that seems to have created a sink hole. I know people spend large amounts of money on these things. My family has paid 60k so far and we just want the work done.

Heck we have even tried to add some things but can't seem to give money away. I am very concerned that this mess (my yard) will continue to be this way into the spring. I can't get a straight answer about that and I have certainly asked. I also have seen where the PM has completed other pools during what I believe is this same time for his own side business.

This is on Face Book so, honestly I have few details.

Either way it is not a good look.

Thank you for your time. I am sure the quality of the pool will be much better than the service.

Product or Service Mentioned: Anthony Sylvan Pool.

Reason of review: Poor customer service.

Monetary Loss: $7000.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Do You Have Something To Say ?
Write a review